Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My alotted time

Ha! See how I did that? It's like it's a new joke again. It's action film week On the Lot. I'm excited, though I'm not sure anyone else in the TV watching world is. And seeing as how only two people have answered my poll on the right (--->), it seems I'm sitting here discussing these movies with myself. That Antwan Fuqua is watching them with me makes me feel a little better at least.

On the bright side, I called this week's oustings of Hillary (FINALLY) and Shalini.

Key Witness (Sam): This is very different content for this show. Witness caught by bounty hunter then found by bad guys. Terrible dialogue and nothing really outwardly special in his style, but just the right amount of quick cuts and goofiness to make it reasonably entertaining.

Sweet (Jason): Forgotten anniversary cliche... but I'm a big fan of cross concept stories. An action film with a goofy romantic-comedy story, though I think the comedy got pushed a little bit too hard and the props/costumes/etc were terrible. He's getting better every week as a filmmaker though.

Zero 2 Sixty (Andrew): Car salesman trapped in car with cop for chase. It's the type of flick that would be made in full-length format starring Jimmy Fallon to the horror of well-heeled film fans everywhere. In short form, it's OK, but I expect much more from this guy. The comedy was weak and I wasn't very much impressed with the acting, but it was really well shot.

The Losers (Kenny): I was really starting to like this guy after last week. Then he put THIS together. Dad competes in skateboarding downhill for son with busted ankle. The dialogue and the acting and the writing and the story were all horrific. Especially the dialogue.

Catch (Mateen): Best story of the night... good Samaritan chasing pickpocket and getting bamboozled. It may be his best yet. Well shot and better characters than any others tonight.

I'm thinking Kenny and Andrew may be the victims this week, though Andrew's better than his presentation showed this time around. Reader... comment?

No comments: