Tuesday, April 3, 2007

"Idol"-ing in the garage... its bad for you.

Seriously, Tony Bennett not really the way to hit your target demo... as if I wasn't already getting tired of this show, I'm not really excited for this week...

Honestly, I'm at the point of dreading this every week. I thought that this experiment may surprise me and have me enjoying the show. I was significantly wrong. That being said, as Calvin's dad would say... it's building character. Here's this week's breakdown. (If you've noticed, they've been getting shorter and shorter...)

Blake
, obviously outside of his musical comfort zone, showed off his voice more than he ever has. Phil still stinks. And he bored the hell out of me this week, too. He'll keep getting the Navy card played and stick around yet again, I bet. I'm getting tired of Melinda's personality. It was cute at the beginning. Now it's just feeling fake. Not to take away from her talent or anything -- she's still the best on the show.

The remaining Chris will be fine. I'm starting to hate him less, despite his whiny voice. Jordin, still great, could get lost in the personalities of everyone else on the show... something Chris is starting to break out of. Gina picked a boring, boring song. I sounded nice as I was nodding off, though.

Sanjaya, for all the crap he gets, just needs to sing out to get some sort of credit --which he didn't do. It that everyone else had to pick a Sanjaya song this week, but he's still, eventually, doomed. Haley looked nice. I stopped paying attention to her vocals a few weeks ago... I usually get a snack when she's on. LaKisha deserves to win.

Should go: Phil
Will go: I don't care, anymore.

Only two more months. Please let it end.

No comments: