Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Same song

Okay, so I put my Idol wrapup off as long as possible... I think that tells you how much I care about the show anymore. Not that it seems like anyone cares -- my dad was begging me to stop even covering it and as far as I know he's my only reader. At least he agrees with me.

The only reason I'm continuing is I feel like I have to now. Plus, I promised.

Melinda opened the show pretty well. Song bored me though. I get the feeling they all will tonight. Less boring is watching Paula, who seems like she may have fallen back into her droopy-eyed ways. LaKisha's personality has finally caught up with her voice, unlike Melinda (who's getting less interesting every week). LaKisha sounded better, too.

Chris did his runny R&B thing on a rock song. Lame, lame... lame. Haley, luckily for the audience, was drowned out by the backup singers for a good portion of the song. Even more awful than usual. But not as awful as Phil. This guy violated Santana's "Maria, Maria." I have to remember to remove food from my view next time I hear him sing. Chris's Santana tune was much better.

Jordin is too underappreciated. She sounded awesome this week. And despite what the judges said, Blake was just okay. Sanjaya gets credit for being the only one to sing mostly in Spanish... nothing else though (specifically not his awful attempt at a goatee).

Haley should probably go. It may be Sanjaya's turn though.

No comments: