Monday, January 22, 2007

What to watch: Monday

Little late on this one, and there's lots to choose from, so I apologize.

First and foremost, you have to be happy for NBC seeing as how they've come back considerably. This may be the first TV season in years I've actually had an NBC show to forward to (while I am constantly discouraged by the crap CBS is putting out. As we speak I'm smack in the middle of an episode of Shark from last week and I believe the writing on Teletubbies was tighter -- it was certainly more entertaining.)

Either way, it's in honor of the growing power of NBC's prime time lineup that I send you to watch HEROES (NBC/9p.m.) and STUDIO 60 ON THE SUNSET STRIP (NBC/10 p.m.). I say with much confidence that the comic-book serial will get better and better over the next season and a half. And, as for Studio 60, you can't really find a better-written show (stop listening to those people who're calling it preachy -- if you liked West Wing, you'll like this one).

Oh, yeah. Don't forget 24 (FOX/9 p.m.). Like I have to tell you that. (But if you have to choose, don't blame me if you miss Heroes.

Also new tonight: Prison Break leads into 24 on FOX; Everybody Hates Chris, All of Us, Girlfriends and The Game are on CW's schedule tonight; CBS has How I met your Mother, The Class, Two and a Half Men and The New Adventures...; and ABC's (sickeningly) sporting Wife Swap; Supernanny; and What About Brian.

And you can go to bed early tonight, the late-night talkies are without anything really interesting...

No comments: