Wednesday, January 31, 2007

What's on: Wednesday

See, if I call it "What's on" it sounds less like an order and gives more weight when I'm pushy about watching something.

Tops tonight, I'd say, is the finale of TOP CHEF (BRAVO/10 p.m.). I wasn't around for the whole season, but I've seen a smattering, and they have some very interesting finalists. It's certainly a better reality show than you'll see on network TV.

Pick number two: BONES (FOX/8 p.m.). It will sound bad, but there's NOTHING else on on Wednesdays without Lost around, and while this is just another spin on procedural cop dramas, anything's better than Armed and Famous.

Salivating for documentary? PBS debuts THE SUPREME COURT (9 p.m.). (See, I've got some class.)

Guests:

Best of the evening is LENO (NBC/11:35), who has Forest Whitaker and America Ferrera.

Also new:
ABC's comedy bloc of George Lopez, According to Jim, Knights of Prosperity, and In Case of Emergency; Armed and Famous (maybe the last one) on CBS; FOX's American Idol; and NBC's Friday Night Lights, Deal or No Deal and Medium; plus, there's Beauty and the Geek and One Tree Hill on CW.

No comments: