Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Yawn.

(Yes, I realize this is all I've posted about in a while... don't worry I'm cooking up some other ideas. Anyone has any, let me know.)

Also, I've noticed I haven't been addressing the fact that I'm watching this as more of a social experiment than for television enjoyment. I'm not sure if that speaks the fact that I'm somewhere deep inside enjoying myself or if this show is just so monotonous that there's nothing really surprising about the show each week -- which should be expected from a show that's such a big hit. There's no excitement to it at all.

As if Gwen Stefani didn't ruin my opinion of her with the arrival of No Doubt's Rocksteady and anything she's over done without that band behind her. Yech. Seriously. You'd have thought we'd see more modern stuff this evening, but no. Nor did we see anything really constructive from Coach Gwen.

Anyway, here's the short version of how tonight went:

Lakisha continues to get more and more boring, despite her killer voice. She's gonna find herself shockingly out of the competition sooner than later. Chris Sligh, on the other hand, sounded pretty awful. It annoys me that Paula gave him crap for his tempo when she was doing the white-boy concert dance. Gina sounded good. I was a little distracted by what looked like Paula's black eye. Any steps forward Sanjaya may have made last week were ruined by his hair this week, though he didn't sing as bad as one would expect. (Randy made the good point that, if the kid tries, he'd be doing so much better.)

Haley made me nauseous. Phil is awful and I never want to hear a Police song ever again. Melinda was good as always, but I wish she'd have done a more modern song. Would have been nice to see her do a No Doubt tune just to see if she could. Though, I'm starting to think her wide-eyed bit is sort of disingenuous.

Of course Blake's doing a Cure tune. Little boring for him, though. Jordin took a bad song and made it... well, not better. And Chris Richardson, well he surprised the hell outta me. Sorta ruined a good song, but he sounded good.

Should go: Haley
Will go: Jordin

No comments: