Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Direct to TV...

So three weeks of five-way competition seems like the track for On the Lot for the next few weeks. Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. In fact, it makes it a little more interesting that chances you'll go home increase significantly.

Broken Pipe Dreams (Sam): Seriously well done. I hate to hand out a best-flick-of-the-night this early... I always hate to do that with a show like this because I don't know what else is coming. But I'd bet right now that it will be. I really felt bad for the character, more empathy than suspense. And it still worked.

I'd hate to think he would take cues from Michael Bay on editing or any type of good filmmaking (that any one of them would take cues from Michael Bay). I'm ignoring everything he says. I'd rather listen to Carrie Fisher. And Carrie Fisher really irks me.

Teri (Trevor): Trevor annoys me. That didn't help his film. But I don't really think anything could have. Stupid joke dragged out too long and done before. Please send this guy home.

The First Time I Met the Finkelsteins (Hillary): Based on previous performance
I'd expect little from this one. Bad acting really made it pretty lame. I was happy to see someone skew a bit edgy, but despite a couple good lines it wasn't really funny.

Dough: The Musical (Adam): Nearly no plot. Writing helped, but I didn't even care about the two characters. I just wanted it to end.

I don't think Gary Marshall knows where he is half the time. He didn't get the joke in the last flick (saying they should look at each other without realizing she wanted nothing to do with him) and he liked the movie. Maybe I should stop paying so much attention and I'll enjoy these more.

Laughing Out Loud (Shalini): I think this will hurt her. Amazingly good docu-short. I like the subject and I like that it's different. If she goes home, I'll be convinced America really doesn't understand movies. Wait, what am I talking about... America likes Borat. All is already lost.

If Gary Marshall mentions how important female filmmakers are again, I'm going to drive to Hollywood and smack him.

I say Hillary should and probably will go home. Though, I wouldn't be sad at all if Trevor goes. Anyone else?

No comments: