Thursday, February 15, 2007

Make it STOP!

Editor's note: Matt is working hard to get through this season of American Idol, despite never having watched before. The most disturbing part is that he's adding to the terrible show's ratings.

Seriously, this show is not to be watched when you're sick. Fighting off an annoying cold, I came home and popped on Idol (after watching Lost of course, more on that later). I'd planned to blog on is last night but the combination of cold medicine and the most drawn out episode of Idol so far.

It seemed to go on for hours, and there was no significant amount of importance to it. The judges injected unnecessary drama and not one of the contestants was even the least bit interesting. Again, this could be the cold talking, but Wednesday's episode is was probably more useless than all of the original auditions.

I'd understand if viewers were given the chance to come up with their own conclusions for the top 40 -- which would be a wonderful Web extra for their site (that I never really checked for, but wouldn't be surprised if it was there).

Oh. To explain my headline -- I CAN'T GET THAT HORRIBLE BRYAN ADAMS SONG OUT OF MY HEAD. Seriously, when you're sick, your sleep is interrupted enough. In my dreams, every time I woke up, when I got out of bed, when I got in the shower... all I hear is Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman. I can't make it go away. I know it's easier to give them all one song and judge them that way, but now I'm trapped in the end credits of Don Juan DeMarco.

I hate you Bryan Adams.

Now, here comes my prediction. (That way I get to use the "I called it" graphic when I'm right.) I'm tempted to pick one of the guys, and after Taylor Hicks' win last year, that leads me to think the goof factor is a powerful force. I submit that Jack Osbourne-looking Chris Sligh will take home the title. Mark it down.

No comments: