Wednesday, May 16, 2007

CBS bombs.

GREAT! Another show with no payoff! How the .... OK. Here. Read this. From AP:

NEW YORK -- CBS canceled the nuclear apocalypse drama, Jericho, on Wednesday, another sign that television networks are shying away from serial dramas after overloading on them last season.

The network unveiled a fall schedule with five new shows, three of them dramas.

Jericho started out strong last fall for CBS. However, like Lost on ABC and Heroes on NBC, many viewers abandoned the show after it went on a long midseason hiatus.

"We lost a lot of steam," said Kelly Kahl, CBS' chief scheduling executive. "I know we had loyal viewers ... but the show sort of lost its engine and wasn't performing."

I can't understand it. As if I wasn't angry enough with CBS after the whole Imus thing, not they've figured out another way to annoy me. But don't worry I'm sure intelligent fare like Shark will be getting even more episodes next season. I'll post on CBS's upfronts when I get home from the gym.

For the record, this is what ABC did to people last season with Invasion. Set up this huge apocalyptic storyline, grab a ton of viewers, and then leave them with a cliffhanger that will never be resolved.

No comments: