Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Magic number

Oh, I can't wait until this show is over next week. I can write my season review and then be done with it. (Though, as a coworker pointed out, I can't really be a TV blogger and ignore American Idol.)

Anyway, lets go at this briefly in anticipation of a big wrap-up next week.

Jordin 1: 8 out of 10 (I'm a big Jordin fan. She may get topped later, or top herself, but I dig.). Blake 1: 7 out of 10 (Liked it, even though I'm really against The Police in any form. Blake needs a big showing this week to even have a slight chance to stick around.) Melinda 1: 8 out of 10 (Okay, you know she's always going to do well, but this may have been the worst I've seen her do since the semifinals, despite what the judges say. Maybe I just hate Whitney Houston.)

Jordin 2: 6 out of 10 (Unenergetic version of another lame song.) Blake 2: 8 out of 10 (One of my least favorite songs EVER by one of my least favorite bands ever. He did OK, though. I think the Idol producers could really sell Blake, whether he wins or not.) Melinda 2: 10 out of 10 (There's no way to argue with that vocal.)

Jordin 3: 10 out of 10 (Brought back a good one from earlier in the year.) Blake 3: 8 out of 10 (Started weak, but he brought all he had. Won't be enough.) Melinda 3: 10 of 10 (Blues. Damn.)

I will say that was the most entertaining episode of this show so far this season. Blake's probably gone, though that's no surprise.

No comments: