Wednesday, May 2, 2007

More Idol

I would think a show like American Idol would get more and more exciting as it wears on. I would be wrong. Any excitement I may have had has worn off ... it doesn't help that this show -- based on music -- is permeated by annoying pop music.

I still hate Phil, but he's picking up some momentum and Bon Jovi week will be a big help to him. Jordin was a little off -- not as good as could be expected. I didn't think I could dislike "Livin' on a Prayer" any more. LaKisha picked a great tune for herself. Knocked Phil out. Too bad Jordin didn't find that song.

Blake showed some actual creativity for the first time in a while -- more creativity than any other contestant has shown throughout the season. I don't think it was great as they're giving him credit for, but it was different. Finally. Chris, like Jordin was a little bit out of his element. I figured he'd do this song. He wasn't awful, but he did all he could, I think. Melinda, obviously, made Chris completely useless.

Keep in mind last week's voting carries over, so Blake could still go home. This is where I blame a vast right-wing conspiracy for fixing the show last week to keep someone who maybe shouldn't have gone. Either way, I'm guessing Jordin could also go home tonight. I'd say Phil and Melinda may be the only safe ones.

No comments: