Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Last licks

So, when I started watching the show this season, this wasn't what I expected from an American Idol finale. Not only were neither of the two really impressive, but they were both pretty boring. Not to mention that boring songwriting contest tune, which significantly cut into both contestant's chances to be themselves (while basically handing Jordin the title).

I watched it live a few hours ago (the first time in weeks I watched the whole thing), so please pardon my malaise. I think it was rather dull overall, considering it was the final chance for them to shine. I don't think either of them presented anything new to the audience and, if anything, they each took a step back. Without Melinda around I don't think either was at the top of their game.

Here's how I saw it:

Blake 1: 7 out of 10 (Just as lame as the first time he did it).
Jordin 1: 6 out of 10 (Boring and not really up to par).
Blake 2: 7 out of 10 (Yawn. Even more lame.)
Jordin 2: 8 out of 10.
Blake 3: 3 out of 10 (Oh, dear, did this cost him the title.)
Jordin 3: 8 out of 10 (Nothing special, because the song sucks, but she's got an amazing voice. The tears will help with the voters, too.)

Jordin deserves the title. If she doesn't win, it's because she's not a frosty-haired pretty boy. Not that Blake's a bad entertainer, he's just not what this show's about.

No comments: